Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Zachary Benjamin Swallow AKA Zach, AKA Benji, AKA Baby Brother, AKA B squared, AKA Hey, YO, Zachy!

Well, it's been four weeks so I think it's time for Benji's introduction blog! Our little man was born on March 8, 2017. He was 7lbs. 3oz, 19 3/4 inches, and born at 1:06 pm. We were trying for a VBAC but it didn't come to fruition so I had a c-section. Dr Miller and Dr Gardener did the procedure. I had the most amazing anesthesiologist though. I liked him better than my doctors! :) His name was Layne and he walked me through everything and listened to me! It was magical. This time around we got some pictures in the OR so here are a few.
Ready, Freddy. 

Poked and prodded. 

All new!

All hooked up. 

First time holding him! 
We had some complications in surgery though. Nothing terrible but I had a lot of scar tissue and it had caused my bladder to adhere to my uterus. As they were cutting it away they cut my bladder. That meant 12 very LONG days with a catheter. Luckily, I had amazing in-laws that were so willing to help me, along with some pretty great friends. If this birth has taught me anything it is that charity is surely evident in my life! There are so many that have shown me the pure love of Christ as we welcomed our third child. We even had to make an ER trip for some weird catheter problems and Kenney and Teresa dropped everything to sit with our kids at the house. Courtney and her children came to help out too. It was so nice to have her calm reassurance as we waited for Zachary to come around.
The bane of my existence for 12 days.

Never again!



















Lynnlee and Amelia loved meeting their baby brother and he never goes more than 15 minutes with out a kiss or hug even if he's sleeping! They adore him.
They were smitten at first sight!

They love being big sisters.

They are so good with him. 

This beautiful lady helped me stay sane! 

Wide awake. 

Nana blanket

The sweetest boy. 

Changing his first boy diaper. 

He basically slept for the first two days of his life. 
Our children all look very similar when they were born! 




















The amazing Kiana came over to our house and took pictures of Benji for us too. They are so beautiful and she does great work! It helps that she had such a great subject. ;) His little squishy lips have my heart!








Grayson was so sweet with the baby. 

Seriously, I can't even handle these! They are so great! I could look at them forever! Needless to say, we are loving our new edition! For more pictures at the hospital you can go to Teresa's blog if you're interested. http://ktswallow.blogspot.com/2017/03/grandbaby-8-zachary-benjamin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment